AFK mob grinding

Thread starter #1
Is it ok to use a client for AFK mob grinding? To clarify, may I walk over to a mob grinder and activate killaura or just set a click timer for mob grinding when I know I will be gone for a while? I know these things are not allowed for normal gameplay but I thought AFK activities might be different.

Bonus question: What are some ALLOWED methods (if any) of AFK mob grinding?

Thanks in advance!

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
we don't allow mods of that type (killaura, xray etc). You can build a grinder that will automatically kill off mobs but, any "cage spawner" that you afk at that does not have some kind of auto-kill method in place will get you kicked pretty quickly as it does not take long for those to lag out a server and impact other players experiences on the server. If this does not answer your question, please feel free to ask. There are a few passive mods that are ok, like mini map or ones that show you health bars on mobs, or dark areas in a room, but stuff that is going to give you an obvious advantage over another player is not cool.

Thread starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I do have another question for you. When I am at a mob grinder with an auto-kill feature, how do I prevent anti-AFK from kicking me?

Jokomoms

Staff member
Donator+ can be Afk for as long as they want without being kicked by the server. Last time i asked Immaridel, we were allowed to use automatic clickers too, Not sure if they prevent you from going afk though

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Afaik, automatic clickers were essentially something heavy left on the kb to keep the key depressed. I am not aware if we were cleared to use mods that did the same.

Jokomoms

Staff member
There are programs you can run outside mc to autoclick for you. I used it on old prime to sell stuff to the bank while afk. I could choose left or right click, and how often it would click.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
I used my G keys on my Logitech keyboard for that ^^ better 1 press on a G key then thousands on the mouse by hand.... that would wear down the mouse also ^^