Curious happening

Thread starter #1
I'm not really sure what happened. I've been on most of the night trying to breed more villagers for trading. I stepped away for a bit and when I came back, several of my best villagers are gone. In an odd twist, it was only the ones which I use for book sales in Atlantis. The less desirable ones are still there. It's all lit up well. I'm baffled. If it was zombies, I guess I'll rebuild. But could someone check into this just in case it was griefing? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Location is -153,63, -9504. I'll leave it exactly how I found it. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Jokomoms

Staff member
Heya.

I looked through that area with Logblock, I cant see anyone else but you changing blocks around there, same for opening doors etc.
I'm afraid there is no way to check for entities killed.
It could have been a zombies, a glich (I've seen this happen a few other times after updates) or a player, but there was no trace of anyone but you.

To make sure it doesn't happen again, make a res around it and turn monsters and player movement off inside that res.
"/res set flag monsters false" and "/res set flag move false", while standing in the res, after you make it.
Or make something a player would have to break to get to the villagers. That way it could be tracked if a player did it.

Joko.

Brenduh

This happened to me as well. All of my villagers were gone. There is a chunk glitch or something where they can just disappear.

cullorblind

Mad Scientist
Staff member
If the game considers it a village, then it could be sieges unless that's somehow disabled. I'd probably put blocks in front of the villagers you want to keep so the zombies can't reach the villagers if they do spawn. If skyblock is still up, go visit moymoys island to see how he tucked the good ones back so you can still trade, but zombies can't attack them. You might also have to modify that a bit to account for baby/jockey spawns.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie_siege