GiBcraft Prime RPG Classes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Immaridel, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Immaridel

Immaridel Another Hairless Burn Victim Staff Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Note: Release Date pending testing results. Testing pending scotch reserves.

So, to add a little fun and flavor to things, I've decided to implement the following "classic" RPG classes to our server. This is not a plugin I dropped in, which is to say that I had to write it myself - which is also my way of warning you that things could be a little "interesting" here and there.

This list is NOT complete. None of the abilities here are "finished", and all cooldowns, values, and even abilities are subject to change at any time leading up to release, and tuning will constantly be done by me as I find issues post-release.

Current Max Level: 50 (This could change at release)

Rogue:

Abilities
    • Stealth: When sneaking, rogues will not be attacked by aggressive monsters.
      • Sneak to go into steath. Stopping sneaking or attacking breaks stealth.
        • Requires a sword
          • 10 second cooldown after leaving stealth
          • You will be visible in armor, which is why the Passive ability exists to increase your defense when not wearing armor.
    • Backstab: While sneaking, the Rogue's next attack will be increased in damage.
      • First attack while stealthed will be a backstab and break the Rogue out of stealth.
    Passives
    • Stick to the Shadows: While not wearing any armor, your natural defenses are increased with your level.
    Warrior:

Abilities
    • Bolstering Shout: Give yourself and players near you extra resistance and health.
      • Right-click while holding a Bone
        • Consumes Bone
        • 30 second cooldown
    • Charging Strike: Charge for 3 seconds, knocking backing your attacked target and enemies within 5 blocks of the Warrior.
      • Requires an axe.
      • Sprint to activate
        • 10 second cooldown
    Passives
    • Blinding Rage: Each attack has a chance of blinding victims for 1 second and increasing damage dealt by your attack.
      • Requires an axe.

Cleric:

Abilities
    • Heal: Restore a player's health
      • Right-click on a player within 10 blocks
        • Requires a Blaze Rod in off-hand
        • Consumes Blaze Rod(s)
          • Self Heal - 1 Blaze Rod
          • Player Heal - 2 Blaze Rods
        • 12 Second Cooldown
    • Blessing: Give players within 10 blocks regeneration and absorption for 16 seconds.
      • Right-click while sneaking
        • Consumes 2 Blaze Rod
          • 1 minute cooldown
    • Avenging Strike: Strike an enemy, damaging them and knocking them backwards.
        • 12 second cooldown
    • Righteous Zeal: Each hit grants a passive chance to heal yourself and allies around you when attacking an enemy.
    Ranger:

Abilities
    • Quick Shot: Rapidly fire an arrow with increased speed and damage:
      • Requires a bow
        • Right-click while sneaking with a bow
        • 10 second cooldown
    • Ranger Leap: Enable much higher jumping distances and reduced falling damage
      • Requires a bow
        • Sprint while holding a bow
        • 20 second cooldown
    Passives
    • Critical Shot: Percent chance based on level to slow the victim and deal increased damage.
      • Requires a bow

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 12:01 AM
  2. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    Please note, I do not have the details on how you will become your desired class. I will post those details as I pull them out of my ass.

Leia27 likes this.
  3. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    Also note that the "level" I have listed here does NOT mean mcMMO's level. This is a separate leveling system that I created.

4. SpiffiestJester

SpiffiestJester Salty Canadian Staff Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Scotch reserves pending bank account levels... Thanks Imma for all the work and effort you put into this server. It wouldn't be here if not for you, and I suppose Matt... I guess... Maybe?

5. Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos Lives for the arena

Jan 22, 2014
    I like it^^ just wondering how it will play out on the server ^^ but so far already awesome work on it!!

6. SewingJoy24

SewingJoy24 Wheezy Mod Staff Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I clicked like so hard I might have broke my mouse

7. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    I have 2-3 people testing each class right now. The core functionality appears to work correctly. I will continue allowing people to test and begin making revisions to existing skills and adding new ones leading up to my launch.

Launch date of the RPG system is undecided as of yet (though looking promising).

Please be aware that all levels gained by testers will be wiped at the official launch of the RPG Class System.

TimePilot and _ZUSE12_ like this.
  8. cullorblind

cullorblind Mad Scientist Staff Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I read the subject line and my brain place went here:
    [​IMG]

9. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    Now write "I must not use my bow as a back-scratcher" 20 times.

cullorblind likes this.
  10. wes

wes Active Member

Feb 7, 2014
    You are not alone Cullor, I was thinking exactly the same thing... Ha.

cullorblind likes this.
  11. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    So, some of you (sorry @sarahlaserena ) may have noticed that I'm playing with some new mob types (sorry @sarahlaserena ).

These new mobs I'm testing with (sorry @sarahlaserena ) will only spawn outside, and reward much greater experience and (soon) drop chances for items than normal mobs. They are stronger and faster than normal mobs, which hopefully won't be an issue once I have the classes fully released.

This is to encourage people to leave their hidey-hole spawner factories and do some playing, while not reducing the reward for those that prefer to AFPlay.

We'll see how it goes.

... sorry @sarahlaserena

TimePilot likes this.
  12. SpiffiestJester

Feb 9, 2014

Guessing Sarah had a run in with a test mob? lol, how bad was it?

13. Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos Lives for the arena

Jan 22, 2014
    I was also killed a while back by a invisible spider I think.. I was really: what the hell, I dont see the mob... toughed it was a glitch^^

14. Crazydad543

Crazydad543 Member

Jul 24, 2016
    I saw the skeleton King, who can seemingly call skeletons to his aid at, any time. He killed me twice. And this morning I met a goul. Who was fast and harder to kill. I was hoping for several ultra kewl drop...

15. SewingJoy24

SewingJoy24 Wheezy Mod Staff Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Invisible spiders are vanilla and have been around a while...maybe 1.8 maybe even before. Pretty rare though so awesome!! Spiders have a chance to spawn with a random potion effect. Just as other mobs sometimes spawn with armor and weapons.

16. Crazydad543

Crazydad543 Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Stop by my spider grinder sometime and you'll see the invisible ones and ones with regenerate sometime

17. SpiffiestJester

Feb 9, 2014
    Release 1.6, 2014. Must have been super lucky to not have encountered one before now.. They LOVE the desert at night.

18. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    So far the Ghoul is the only mob I have created. The Skeleton King and his minions come with the plugin that I'm using to create them, so they're stock. The Skeleton King DOES have a chance to drop two unique and powerful items that you cannot get anywhere else, so worth killing if you see him :)

19. Crazydad543

Crazydad543 Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Oh don't worry. I have a nice little surprise in store for him next time I see that jerk...

Immaridel likes this.
  20. _ZUSE12_

_ZUSE12_ New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    leveling up the warrior class I'm guessing your supposed to only use the weapon an axe that's specific to the class but I'm able to level it up using a sword