Moderator Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Immaridel, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Immaridel

Immaridel Permenantly Retired Staff Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I'm looking at adding two new mods to help myself, SpiffiestJester and Gr8stmommy out. Typically I have been the one on during the day, but my life situation could very well change soon, which will prevent that from being the case.

What does it mean to be a Mod? A short list of tasks could be summarized as such:
    1. Work new member applications on the forums.
    2. Investigate and resolve grief reports.
    3. Help Keep chat civil.
    What are the immediate benefits of being a Mod?
    • Your rank grants you Donator+ privileges, removing the requirement to pay for those features.
    • You will earn a stipend of in-game cash to help supplement your time away from the game performing duties.
    • You will have access to a Mod's Only forum in which to discuss things and get help from your peers.
    If you would like to apply, start a private conversation with us here on the forums. Tell us what times you would be available to perform the tasks and why it is you would like to do it. We will take and consider all applications and then come to a decision together. If you're all just terrible, then we'll just not add any new mods :p

(That won't be the case, I'm sure, you're all great.)

sarahlaserena likes this.
  2. sarahlaserena

sarahlaserena PlugIcorn

Feb 28, 2015
    Nope you're all terrible.
    It is known.

SewingJoy24 likes this.
  3. DET2102 - Dan

DET2102 - Dan Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I nominate @wes , he is well known and liked by most.

Archlich likes this.
  4. Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos Lives for the arena

Jan 22, 2014
    I think my life will bet quite busy ( If I am able to start the study or more days to work), so I think I dont have much to any time to help out. would it have been a year or more ago^^ then I had way more time on my hands^^

5. Archlich

Archlich Active Member

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

6. SpiffiestJester

SpiffiestJester Salty Canadian Staff Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Ideally we are looking for applying players that can be on the server during the daylight hours of the American continental time zones.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  7. wes

wes Mr. Rogers

Feb 7, 2014
    Thanks for the thought Dan. I've been tempted to pursue it on occasion, but my online time is mainly weeknights after 8:00ET and weekends, which doesn't sound like much help for server coverage.

Happy to quit my day job though and go full time MOD if I can pay my bills with Gib Dollars, let me check on that.... ;O

sarahlaserena likes this.
  8. Leiath

Leiath Member

Nov 21, 2015
    It crossed my mind to apply but it was only fleetingly. America is waking up when I am heading to sleep. I get to play when there is not much activity, and only a few die hard players.

9. EurekaValley

EurekaValley Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    I have some experience in that area and I would be willing to act as moderator during those hours. This is when I am usually on anyway.

10. Tijgerbos

Jan 22, 2014
    I presume it wont be the same as you were used to before Eureka^^ no kids around here^^

11. _WOOKIE_

_WOOKIE_ Moderator

Jun 19, 2016
    I have been a mod before on Gibcraft happy to do it again. But cant do 14 hr shifts like i used to do. Also busy for the next 3 weeks but will still be playing. but will be a little patchy.

Archlich likes this.
  12. EurekaValley

Jul 22, 2014
    My old server also had no kids Tij. I imagine moderating on a kid server would be a completely different experience. :p

13. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    This application window will stay open for about another week, possibly closing Monday or Tuesday next week. After that we will review all the applications we've gotten and decide.

14. Tijgerbos

Jan 22, 2014
    I dont know if later is still possible to put myself forward for it. for now I say I cant. but a lot depends on what happens after next Friday and the weeks after.
    If I am not able to get to start the study, and other things dont work out or are easier then expected. It could be possible that I have a lot of time free during the day and so be online.

15. EurekaValley

Jul 22, 2014
    I want just to say that Tijgerbos would make an excellent mod in my opinion. I don't need to list his virtues here, everyone knows them. I'm not sure I understand his situation at school, but I think I hope he gets into the program he wants and then he'd be too busy for us.

16. Immaridel

Jun 9, 2013
    We will certainly consider anyone who submits a formal application.

17. Tijgerbos

Jan 22, 2014
    Thanks Eureka^^, I also hope to be to busy ^^ tough time to play is also fun^^

18. aSparklyPotato

aSparklyPotato Modertater Staff Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Alright, submitted a application. Sparkly potatoes make good mods.