Mushroom Island

Thread starter #1
Recently, I’ve noticed that our only mushroom island, which has a house on it, has been flooded and all the mycelium removed. Grass has been planted as well. I don’t know who lives there, as there ar no signs, and I know everyone is free to build where they wish.

I just feel kind of uneasy that our only mushroom island is being turned into grass, although the biome classification will remain.

Coordinates are xyz 4744.813/ 69 / -2817.673

SewingJoy24

Wheezy Mod
Staff member
Looks like Rayven has moved in. But yeah it is totally fine to demolish... I am fairly certain mycelium can be created with mcmmo. But as an added protection I'll nab some mycelium and transplant it around.

justme923

I also grabbed some mycelium a while back and will make sure there is always some available if anyone needs. I did grab it from an edge of that island a while back, but i replaced it with dirt so it would regenerate

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
not to throw gas on the fire, but there are still a couple of large areas of the map that are as yet unexplored, and could easily hide another mooshroom biome. I totally understand your concern however. =) If there actually is only one mooshroom island than I am going to have to blame @Immaridel as it's most likely his fault anyway.

Matt

Oppressive Owner
Staff member
If there are no visible markings, no residences, nothing that you can determine that someone has moved into the area, it's safe to assume you can claim it as your own. 1 torch =! an entire island. If no one has done anything legitimate to the area, either mark it off as yours and do what you want with it or create a residence.

Hey!

Yeah, that's my place and I had big plans for the area. I've only chosen a mushroom island because I love the shade of green that grass has in the mushroom biome. And I spent quite a bit of time finding that island. Others were already in the Nether, building blaze farms or whatever while I was still rowing through the oceans in search for one. Therefore, I've been living there almost since the server opened so I'm not sure why it has suddenly become an issue - it wasn't a secret, I've even mentioned it a few times and I had a residence set there for a while, but I took it down because I despise how residences look on the live map (yeah, stupid reason, I know). I have, of course, saved some mycellium and if anyone needed the block I would have been more than happy to share (for free). Plus, there was some mycellium left in an area, surrounded by cobble so it wouldn't spread (where the animals and villagers are).

I know I'm not very active and that's because I have lots of classes at uni and lots of exams, projects and so on. So I spent all the time I had available for Minecraft taking out the mycellium. I've worked really hard to do that, it took a long time and the fact that it's now back makes me really sad.

I'm sorry it was an inconvenience for other players. I had no idea it would bother anyone. Most people dislike this biome because it's 'ugly'. I'll let the mycellium spread, try to make the island look again how it once was and I'll find another home. Again, sorry.

Last edited:

SewingJoy24

Wheezy Mod
Staff member
No no no!! Don't move! You are fine! It was just an anomalie on the map that there was only the one island. I have (and many others) have planted a ton of mycelium on separate islands and near towns so that you can totally rebuild that island anyway you see fit. Sorry if it seemed we were upset with you, that was not the intention at all!

It's your island Rava, you claimed the place first, do with it, what you like. That's just the way it goes for everyone else.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
This is all such a non issue. Ravyn don't move, if people need mycelium a mod can bloody well just give them some. It's really no big deal.

Okay. Thank you! I’m glad it’s fine to stay. Can’t wait to get some free time and build some of the stuff I've planned.

I'm also glad nobody's mad at me!

Thread starter #15
Yes, it’s not an issue, I don’t want you to move. I was just making sure everything was ok. We all have mycelium and I have moved some mooshrooms to my island, so please continue your cool looking build. I also left you a brown horse as a gift.

Yes, it’s not an issue, I don’t want you to move. I was just making sure everything was ok. We all have mycelium and I have moved some mooshrooms to my island, so please continue your cool looking build. I also left you a brown horse as a gift.
Ha! So that's where the brown horse came from! I was trying to figure out how it just appeared there since I was sure I didn't bring a second one - the first one was too much of a trouble to drag to my island hence the name Trouble.

Thanks! ^_^