Non Griefing Report

Thread starter #1

Acousmata

Hi,

I'm working on the area near Atlantis that was destroyed in an attempted rollback.

There is a building there - the home for wayward skeleton horses - that was destroyed in this rollback too.

Someone suggested that I had destroyed this building. It was not me, it was the rollback. I purposely set this building aside and left it in its semi-destoyed state, untouched by me.

Spiff messaged me about this, and I'm posting this here in case anyone hears about it or notices it.

Thanks!

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
It was Gr8st'st building, it was made after the rollback. You broke blocks including a fence that had contained horses, not available until nearly a year after the rollback. This is not a suggestion, logblock show you breaking these blocks, I did the roll back undoing only your block placements to put the building back to how you found it. Regardless, you DO NOT break blocks placed by another player anywhere. This includes torches. I understand your intentions are good, but, really? Lying does not become you.

Thread starter #3

Acousmata

Spiff,

What I meant is, the building was partially destroyed before I began my work. I did not destroy the building. I did remove the fence around it because it was in the way of the work that I was doing. I also mentioned that this was a work in progress, that I would restore the building, and that there was more to come.

Please don't accuse me of lying. I understand you're upset but I am not trying to deceive anyone, grief anyone, or otherwise make myself unwelcome here.

I also sent you and mommy a private message that describes the situation in greater detail. If you would please read it and respond I would greatly appreciate it.

Thread starter #4

Acousmata

I want to stress again, that the building as you saw it, is exactly how it was when I started working the area. And it is unaltered from that state... the only changes I made were:

1. Remove the dirt around the area and add a stone border
2. Remove the fence to do my road work
3. Remove torches

That's all. I purposely did not otherwise alter the structure and sought to ensure that it would stand and/or be rebuilt.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
YOU CANNOT REMOVE BLOCKS/FENCES PLACED BY OTHER PLAYERS!!! I assumed when you took up this project you would do so within the parameters set out in our server rules.

Here, FIRST LINE of server rules

Breaking the following rules can result in an immediate ban:

- Griefing. If someone placed a block, you don't break it. This includes homes, farms, statues or any other structure another player has built. The same applies in areas with PvP. Just because you can kill there doesn't mean you're allowed to grief.

for your better understanding: http://www.gibcraft.com/forum/threads/server-rules.3/

READ THEM PLEASE.

According to what Matt has set out, I should have already banned you.

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
There seems to be some undue emotion over this, but spiff is correct regarding the infraction itself. Your intentions may have been good, but the rules absolutely state that you are not allowed to break a block another player has placed. That includes builds and changes made by players that you haven't seen log on in a long time. I don't care if it's literally been years since they logged on.

The correct approach is to contact the player via the forums (which will send them a personal email), and then wait for their response. If you never get a response, then you must plan to work around that player's build without disturbing it. We have a large map, this should not be a problem at all. In some cases you can ask myself or a mod to look into the player's area and see if we can give permission, which, depending on the player, could be arranged (banned players, for example).

I realize it seems weird to go through this for an area that someone may never come back to, but that's how we work here. Builds are protected as long as the map exists. I realize that this wasn't 100% this case, since we had at least one member effected, but it warrants mentioning.

I have set the ban to a tempban to lift in 5 days.