Player "Imogine" broke into my base and robbed me

Thread starter #1

Acousmata

Hello,

I'm requesting a ban for Imogine. Here's what happened...

Imogine robbed me yesterday evening after I had just logged out. They broke into my underground base by breaking through a glass skylight, and then they took about a double-chest worth of valuable/rare items from my storage area.

I logged in a few hours later and noticed that several things were missing, and mentioned it in chat. Nichbal helped out and replaced the stolen items, and identified Imogine as the thief/griefer.

Imogine just logged back in and actually spawned in my base about 15 minutes ago (from the time of this message) and I asked them about this. They apologized and offered an excuse of being drunk when it happened, and then logged out a few minutes later. You can see the exchange in the chat transcript (about 5:20 PM PDT or so).

That's the evidence... Anyway... kick this player outta here, we don't need griefers and thieves at GiBcraft!!

Last edited:

nichbal

After replacing your items I found Imogines home and removed all the stolen items that they had put in their chests. A few things that were in their personal inventory I could not remove, so I put signs saying to give those back or risk being banned.

Hopefully the signs put the fear of a ban into them and they won't do anything like his again, since they know they are on notice. I'll be keeping an eye on them since for me they are on a slippery slope and the slightest slip-up will be it.

If another staffer wishes an outright ban I'll fully support that as well and I hope this is enough to satisfy you as well acousmata.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Is there any evidence that they have done this to just acousmata or is this literally as they say a drunken stupid error. If is is the latter,
jail her for a couple of hours, lesson learned, failing that, yeah an out right ban would be in order.

Thats my 2 cents, but it's Canadian 2 cents, and we got rid of pennies years ago.

Spiff.

nichbal

I didn't see any evidence of anyone else's stuff taken. The logs pretty much showed them taking the stuff, going home and logging off shortly after putting the stuff at their home. If they did take from multiple people then I do agree that a outright ban would've been in order.