Resource and shader packs

Thread starter #1

Zombifed

Staff member
What are you guys using for Resource packs and shaders since 1.13? I haven't found much that I'm crazy about yet.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
I am a staunch believer in Vattic's faithful. It's usually up to date pretty quickly and is basically just a high res version of vanilla. I confess I have not checked on it's current status/ correction, link https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/faithful-32x/files/2618816
Seems legit. The only problem I have ever had with this pack is finding one that is truly current. Some say they are current revision but then once loaded has missing textures. This one was updated three days ago, so I am hoping it's cool.

I've been using Chromo Hills for some years now and I love it. It's a not very surprising mix of vanilla-inspired textures with a medieval focus and a flavor of cartoonish textures. Like many texture packs, it does take a little bit of time to get used to it as you'll have to relearn your ability to distinguish between blocks (especially in your inventory). I love the way the world looks though. It's also fully updated to 1.13.

Thread starter #4

Zombifed

Staff member
I downloaded both of them last night. I absolutely love chroma hills but my old ass MacBook can't handle the 128 version without lag so i have to wait for the 32 version.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
I also like one of Joko's favourites, John Smith Legacy / Conquest. Medieval style textures, simply gorgeous brick textures. Conquest relies heavily on John Smith (it came first) but both are amazing.