So, because I am a shit disturber...

Thread starter #1

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
With "Update Aquatic" dropping imminently and the current server being nearly completely explored what are peoples thoughts on a reset or new server or something in between. And no, I have not asked/discussed/threatened/cajoled Matt regarding this. Literally just curious to see what peoples thoughts are. I have been playing the new stuff on the xbox and the pc a little bit, it's all been pretty cool. Again, to reiterate, I am NOT suggesting or saying that the server is going to be or should be reset, just wondering where people were on the topic. I will also admit that I have not been able to put forth a whole lot of time on the current server and that yes I have very little accomplished on the current server as a result. My situation has not changed so a new map will not mean that I will be around more so there is no incentive to be gained for me for a new server. Again, JUST wondering.

wes

Mr. Rogers
Well, we need to do something because whether it relates to the usual pre-update lull, or the fully explored map, right now there's mostly crickets chirping when I log on. I see Pepi, and Nich regularly and a few others, but I miss the busier server we were. I speak only for myself when I say I value the camaraderie more than anything I've built on this map as far as resets go. I have nice things, but no one to enjoy them with most of the time. I assume expanding map borders isn't an option as in days past because of the complexity of the
changes in 1.13 and all the new underwater structures etc.

My suggestion would be to post a poll for a couple of weeks, and drive people to it with a message in the chat scroll since a lot of players aren't hitting the forum or main page that often these days.

Thread starter #3

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Afaik, expanding the map is not supposed to be an issue, however with this new expansion, the explorable world doubles in size because there is actually something to do underwater, there is coral to harvest, ruins to explore sunken ships to loot and buried treasure to be found. It's easily also the prettiest expansion since they added jungle biomes. It's a really ambitious project and unsurprisingly a year in progress. The new mobs are interesting, the new passive mobs are really cool, and useful, a dolphin will push you along underwater making you swim so much faster for a fair distance. Long story short, I am not sure how interesting a simple map expansion will be. Those are my two cents. And really worth nothing more than that. ;)

nichbal

I say we need to reset to be able to take full advantage of all the new features. If we just simply expand the map, all the ocean currently explored will be dull and boring compared to the expanded portion, and might even cause new players to leave the server thinking there is nothing new since all the new stuff will be 10k blocks away.

On a side note, if we do reset, I would like to see the border at 15k instead of 10k. I say this because on the current map, I found the only woodland mansion, kind of unfair for others I lucked out. With a slightly larger initial map. more mansion should be able to be explored. Also, with the update comes hidden treasure, larger map will allow more treasure to be found.

Pepi

I am not sure what I would prefer. I agree with Wes about the crickets, but after seeing everyone go to pure, and reluctantly following, and then seeing everyone go to new prime and again reluctantly following... My builds get better with each move, and I've learned quite a lot, so I would rise to the challenge of a new server, but I reserve the right to piss and moan and complain about it the whole way.

Thread starter #7

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
I am not sure what I would prefer. I agree with Wes about the crickets, but after seeing everyone go to pure, and reluctantly following, and then seeing everyone go to new prime and again reluctantly following... My builds get better with each move, and I've learned quite a lot, so I would rise to the challenge of a new server, but I reserve the right to piss and moan and complain about it the whole way.
Granted. Have at it.

Vlynder

I have not been on for a bit but lately I've been getting the block itch... I'd enjoy a new map with new areas to explore and build. And this time, I will build everything exactly the way I want it, and finish it all.
riiiiiight

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
Lately I have been very tired in RL. not a decease or something, so dont worry, just that every day is very mentaly taxing these last couple months. Because of that that I can hardly play 30 of MC designing the town if anything even comes out of my head atm. but I am still thinking about it and creating a more refined idea in my head. I have to keep in mind the resources I can use for it is a survival build and not creative so far.
I dont really have a problem with a new map. loosing the traderoom is a waste, but I can just as every time before rebuild it. and possibly have a shop to help others out like I could on the old prime. and in exchange having all those new area's would be nice in my eyes.

Leiath

I am waiting for the update but I do not wish to move...again... its taken to long to build what I have and its nowhere near finished..for once I would like to bloody build something and finish it entirely.

KatNyx

Dominatrix
if there's a reset I should probably just stop what I'm building and not play till the reset happens. what about resetting the previous world? the Vanilla world.

I'm a fan of reset. I like the world we have so just keep it running 1.12.x so people can go back and Schematica builds in it. I'll miss the Torus but its MC; I can build it again.

I have to agree with Pepi and say that my builds are more spectacular each time we restart. At this point the crickets are deafening on the server at this point, and a reset could bring people back. I know I am ready for update aquatic! Like Joy, I wanna build a HUGE aquarium. I am sure that we could have a hold on to this world thing like we did with the last world. (Maybe?)

Leiath

We need a word from our sponsors please whether or not there will be a new world or reset of the current one. Either way can our builds be w/e over if we want them so we don't have to go through the long-winded process of rebuilding them pretty please with a cherry on top and whipped cream.

If there is going to be another server for 1.13, will it have the current plugins ie McMMO?

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
Its just a idea: but why not make the 1.12 map en creative or so. and have the 1.13 new prime. just thinking out of the box a bit^^ or a option to go creative on the 1.12 (command usage allowed for players to get creative/survival so they are free to choose)

Adding a bit:
Just a continuing idea of before: extend the 1.12 map with like 5 or 10 or 15k blocks each direction ( when 1.13 is out) and give the players the freedom to go in creative or survival. while the new prime would be a new 1.13 map

Thread starter #17

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Its just a idea: but why not make the 1.12 map en creative or so. and have the 1.13 new prime. just thinking out of the box a bit^^ or a option to go creative on the 1.12 (command usage allowed for players to get creative/survival so they are free to choose)

Adding a bit:
Just a continuing idea of before: extend the 1.12 map with like 5 or 10 or 15k blocks each direction ( when 1.13 is out) and give the players the freedom to go in creative or survival. while the new prime would be a new 1.13 map
I am not sure how hard or whether this is even possible to implement, but it's actually a really great idea.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
and that when I was half dead from being tired ^^ maybe I should start to work with redstone in those times..... ;-P

I like the idea of changing the current GibPrime to a creative server or a creative on/off toggle server. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a new server for the aquatic update. I agree about the oceans being boring and empty in the original map otherwise. But I think a map expansion should still be performed if the current GibPrime server remains up, even if it is in a different state (creative, for example) and a brand new server comes out.

Leiath

Adding a bit:

YES! Bloody awesome idea. GiB would not be so empty as the players who build on single player first would be online and be able to chat with everyone.