So eventually we'll make a DnD forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Matt

Matt Oppressive Owner Staff Member

Jun 6, 2013
    But for now, this will do. As a lot of you already know we have a weekly DnD game happening every Friday night at 6:30 PST. Well, we are proposing having another ongoing DnD game during the week for people that want to play more, or just can't do Friday nights. At the moment I'm thinking at least 3-4 times a week. This time can be anywhere between 6:30-11:30 PST Sat-Thurs. No Fridays, because that is our main DnD night.

Anyone interested please let me know. This includes the current DnD players for Friday nights. You can create a completely different player, it has nothing to do with your main one. This is not one of those mandatory things where you have to play every single time, we will come up with a solution if you want to be a casual player. Please let me know what days will work best and we will be able to see what days work out for everyone.

This is the campaign we are proposing at the moment:

The Roll20 version of Tyranny of Dragons includes two adventures, which will take players from level 1 to 15, culminating in an epic encounter with the Queen of Dragons!

This bundle includes two modules, which can also be purchased separately:

• Hoard of the Dragon Queen
    • Fight the war against draconic oppression!

In an audacious bid for power, the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerûn. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

• The Rise of Tiamat
    • The Cult of the Dragon leads the charge in an unholy crusade to bring Tiamat back to the Realms, and the situation grows more perilous for good people with each passing moment. The battle becomes increasingly political as opportunities to gather allies and gain advantage present themselves. From Waterdeep to the Sea of Moving Ice to Thay, it is a race against Evil. Succeed or succumb to the oppression of draconic tyranny. Win or lose, things will never be the same again.

The Rise of Tiamat is a Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition adventure designed to begin with a party of four 8th-level characters, who should advance to 15th level by the time the adventure runs its course. This story is the continuation of the first volume, Hoard of the Dragon Queen.
    The Roll20 version of Tyranny of Dragons includes the entire contents of the books, fully integrated into the platform. Also included in the Roll20 modules:

• Over 300 combined hours of campaign preparation completed for Roll20 users.
    • Battle-ready Maps. The module is advanced feature-enabled with Dynamic Lighting.
    • 10 Original Battle Encounter Maps, exclusive to the Roll20 module (split up between the two modules): Camp, Swamp, Daytime Road, Nighttime Road, Ice Floe, Town, Forest, Tavern, Volcano Cave, and Evil Temple.
    • Rollable Tables for all shapeshifters in the adventure, as well as alternate options for default NPCs.
    • Rollable Tables for loot drops as your party encounters dragon hoards throughout the adventure.
    • Rollable Tables for Random Encounters, to quickly determine what grievous foes your party will face, at any turn.
    • Interactive Council Scorecard, to help the DM easily track the outcome of the Council of Waterdeep.
    • Statted Tokens featuring original artwork from Dungeons & Dragons. Tokens are linked to Character entries in the Journal, with Roll20 5th Edition OGL character sheets and clickable actions.
    • Cross-linked handouts throughout the adventure.
    • Designed for use with the Roll20 Official 5E OGL Character Sheet
    This campaign starts at level 1 and ends at 15, so newcomers are welcome. As always, if you need help creating character sheets please let us know.

As a side note, I will be DM'ing this game. You have been warned.

Side note #2, this comes out of my pocket for any purchases for this, not GiBcraft.

Leah and KatNyx like this.
  2. Immaridel

Immaridel Permenantly Retired Staff Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I will play if you need more people, but I'd rather others get a chance first.

3. aSparklyPotato

aSparklyPotato Modertater Staff Member

Dec 2, 2015
    ^ I agree, as I already play on Friday I'll hold off so other peeps can play.

4. CinnabarCleric

CinnabarCleric Member

Aug 3, 2013
  5. Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos Lives for the arena

Jan 22, 2014
    I am interested somewhat. but have to see if I get things working (Discord has trouble with my headset for example so my mic doesnt work... but now I have a laptop that might work... so could I get info about the Friday time that is used (pm I presume)?

6. Llenawar

Llenawar New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Hi. Definitely interested. I'm Pepi's husband. Don't play MineCraft but have been playing D&D for several decades. Mostly PBP lately though.

7. KatNyx

KatNyx Dominatrix

Feb 11, 2015
    You know Im up for it!

8. Outlawkitties

Outlawkitties Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Kitties would like to join in and has been working on character.

9. mrfazuku

mrfazuku Loves Kittens

Oct 17, 2015
    Im probably in. Depending on time as discussed

Outlawkitties likes this.
  10. Llenawar

Llenawar New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    What rules are you using for character creation? I'm not very familiar with 5th edition so if you could point me to the guidelines? (Note: I do have the 5E Players Handbook)

11. Outlawkitties

Outlawkitties Member

Mar 10, 2014
    We have a Discord channel. They are playing a campaign right now in the DnD room. Well, not right now, right now, but like friday is the next installment.

12. Matt

Jun 6, 2013
    Ok so far we have Imma, Tater, Cinna, Tijer is a maybe (we won't be playing on Fridays Tijer), Llenawar (welcome btw), Nyx, Faz (pending on times played) and Kitties. That's 8. We could either get started with this and decide on days/times now or keep it open for a few more. Up to you guys.

13. Matt

Jun 6, 2013
    I'll give you a link for this and point you towards it soon. Within the next few days. For now, if you want to create an account on roll20.net and check it out, it may provide some of the answers.

14. Leah

Leah New Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Alright, I'll give this a shot. It sounds like fun and I'll try to make as many nights as I can.

15. Llenawar

Llenawar New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Account created. Llenawar Leojhar, or Llenawar L. is what it shows as public. I'll try to keep up with the others. Been playing D&D for years (decades) but 5E looks like a whole new game again. :)

16. W3st

W3st The Dude

Jan 4, 2018
    I played some tabletop D&D years ago. I would like to get involved with this. I have Roll20 saved in my bookmarks. Maybe I am a little slow but I can't find where I setup a character on that site. Also, what is the group name (apologies if it is already listed here and I missed it)? I will try to stop in tomorrow night and listen in to get a feel for how you all go about it. Be Well!

17. aSparklyPotato

aSparklyPotato Modertater Staff Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I'm signing up!

18. DET2102 - Dan

DET2102 - Dan Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I thought i signed up, did i sign up?

19. Leiath

Leiath Member

Nov 21, 2015
    How do you play? Not sure if this will be in my time zone

20. Matt

Jun 6, 2013
    We will start at 6:30 PST (p.m.) and probably end 1-3 hours afterwards depending on the night and how people are doing. As we've all seen with the Friday games, it usually doesn't get started until closer to 7 and after. We usually talk a bit and recap what happened in the last game. Being late is not a problem, leaving early is not a problem.

So that's now 11, potentially 12 with Leiath if she decides to join and I think that's enough. I'm going to assume every person isn't going to be able to make every single game. As tater already stated she can probably only join about one game a week (She's on the other side of the globe) and probably more than that will wreak havoc on her sleep. Everyone here has lives and it's totally understandable. Don't feel obligated to make every single game, but those that want to are certainly welcome.

If we have 4-6 players per night played, it will be more than enough.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you get addicted to this.