Sorter Help

Thread starter #1

mrfazuku

Loves Kittens
Hi Gibbers.

I'm looking for help building a sorter for approximately 100 items, with a catch all at the end.
99% of the chest layout and room layout is done. The sorter does not exist.

I'd also like a drop box for dropping items I gather while exploring.

Above the room I currently have a small spawner, an auto-oven thing, eventually a small farm or 2, and a breeder. I'd like to funnel these things down into the sorter as well.

I'm available to do tours to show what I'm thinking of. Please let me know how much you would want to do this task.

Thanks,

MrFazuku

kryvian

shulkers are a bitch to find and get, and I think impossible on our server to pass through the portal, but yes, his nexus build is a thing of wonders

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
have you toughed about using minecarts and rail? so a rail from your farms to the sorter?
I think I know some ways to get things fixed. it is more a matter of when (RL time). if you want you can come look at my base to see how I use rail a lot from farms to my storage.
Just PM me if you want me to help^^

Thread starter #8

mrfazuku

Loves Kittens
The key here is I'm really busy IRL, and my storage is a mess in game. Want to buy my way out of the problem. :)

Thread starter #10

mrfazuku

Loves Kittens
If this job is still available I'll take a look
If you can /res tp faz.a And go behind the center pillar, small hole drops you down to the sorter/storage.

I'm not on much these days. I'f you can't tp let me know your IGN and I'll set permissions.

I took a look, should be no problem to make it work the way you have it set up. I will need hoppers, repeaters, comparators, redstone torches, redstone, chests, droppers, item frames or signs depending on your preference and maybe some colored clay to put all of the redstone on. I will need a fair quantity of each of those items so maybe just set up a couple of work chests I can access. I will leave any extra materials in those chests when I'm done. I can do it today if that works.

DET2102 - Dan

Anyone ever use this sorter system? I like the idea, but I'm not sure what issues there could be with it.

I've used one similar to what Cullor suggested, but have had issues when the chunk loads / unloads, if i don't wait for the sorter to finish sorting.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
Wow, that has been a while since I saw that video O_O
so far I can remember there was the problem with the trapped chests. (you open the chest, gives of a signal that deactivates the hopper behind it and such).. that is so far I can remember real fast.
Of course I designed my own wallchests design where I dont use trapped chests. also the redstone allows me to be compact still and have sort of island like walls in the room. think of a square room. but in the center you have another square with chests that also have this sorting function. I build this in my base already, but havent completed the system yet (no timer for the signal to deactivate the hoppers. Beside that: I havent allocated 90% of the chests with goods yet^^. and more big silo's that I need to build^^
I added a picture to this reply so you have a idea how it looks. on the Ice I will have carpet so I can move/jump around faster in the room. I have 2 of these islands build and the items get transported to the other island. only the chests on the left if the island (those 3 next to each other side) is not sorted. but how do you want to sort potions and tools and such^^

oke... I hope that you still understand what I was typing ^^ I can understand if you dont^^ 2016-11-28_18.56.42.png

Bad_Dagon

I shall be online in roughly two hours and I would be more than happy to assist for free! I am Bad_Dagon in game as well.