Speedtest

Thread starter #1

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
If you're having connection issues, you can go to the following speedtest page and see how things look for you. It's not going to the absolute only test you'll ever need, but it can be a pretty good indicator of connection issues with us.

http://bhs.proof.ovh.net/

Example results below. Your results may

upload_2015-4-13_10-43-31.png

Thread starter #5

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
well, to be fair, my HOME internet wouldn't look like that. I'm at work, and cullor is testing out of a datacenter with a 1GB link belonging to an ISP. Not exactly fair comparison.

cullorblind

Mad Scientist
Staff member
Yep.. That speedtest was from the datacenter where the Mental Metal server is hosted.. =)

I've seen waay faster too.. 945Mbit down and 645Mbit up to Albuquerque, but I didn't get a screenshot for proof because I dropped my jaw on the floor and had to pick it up..

There's about 1500 customers using that connection for their internet now too.

wes

Mr. Rogers
Cullor...those numbers are just...effing INSANE!! I was jazzed when Fios moved me up for free to 25MBPS down and up. Online gaming got soooo much better.

945MB, really? Holy S**t

Wes

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Due to difficulties with infrastructure in my area and my utter distaste for all things cable (Rogers can go to hell) This is the best we can get here. Supposedly they will one day be upgrading to fiber optic here, but it would likely be faster to just up and move.

ugh.png

Thread starter #9

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
For fair comparison's sake, this is what I get to the server from my house.

upload_2015-4-15_1-18-54.png

I'm in Texas, of course, while the server is in Canada, so my ping times are going to be crummy compared to a server nearby to me, like this one:

upload_2015-4-15_1-17-40.png

Thread starter #14

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
Still though... you're probably paying the same as me for a fraction of the bandwidth. It makes me sad :|