Speedtest

Raiser

This one is mine:

I don't have any complaints about my internet but lately I have been having horrible lag spikes on our server, specially when I tp somewhere and today I couldn't even stay logged in, it kept timing out. Im fairly certain now that the problem lies somewhere between me and the server

Thread starter #43

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
Apparently the signal takes the boat as soon as you get out of Australia :(

Thanks for you help Imma, much appreciated.
Yes, that does appear to be the case, unfortunately. I can't seem to track any specific event that's causing it yet, so I would highly recommend all of you call and place tickets with your ISPs to inform them that connections going from yourselves to Canada seem to be severely crippled, with lag spikes, high latency, and packet loss. That may cause at least one of the techs to investigate further and find a solution to the problem.

I will be opening a ticket with our host just to ask if they are aware of any ongoing issues as well. Maybe between us we'll get an answer.

I wish I had a better answer for everyone affected right now, and I'm really sorry that your game play experience is so shoddy at the moment. Once this is all over, I'll be sure and compensate as best I can.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
is there a site where I can do this test to a provider or whatever close to where the server is located? I could do it to our provider, but that wouldnt really show the connection to the server^^

Leiath

The lag seems to have gone so I did another speed test. Thanks Imma, I might whine in game alot of lag but I know its somewhere between me and the server.
Had my internet 'upgraded' and I just did a speed test....6Mb/s....not much of a bloody upgrade.its slower!

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member
Had my internet 'upgraded' and I just did a speed test....6Mb/s....not much of a bloody upgrade.its slower!
This one is faster than your other speed test to France anyway. OH.. I think the link listed above changed the values, it says 22mb/s not 6. You should see what you get to a Toronto server, last I heard that was where our server was hosted, tho that may have changed?

wes

Mr. Rogers
Who is this Imma person posting on our forum?? (Missed ya anyhow, hope to chat with you on Discord soon)

To our brothers and sisters down-undah, I've been seeing posts like this about the Aussie slow-boat connection
for about 2 years now, you have my sincere sympathy. I see you trying like hell to muscle through and keep your
chin-up when I'd probably put my router through a window in disgust.

Hang in there!

Cheers!

Leiath

This one is faster than your other speed test to France anyway. OH.. I think the link listed above changed the values, it says 22mb/s not 6. You should see what you get to a Toronto server, last I heard that was where our server was hosted, tho that may have changed?

Last 2 days I have not been able to play :( I get kicked not long after logging in.

Leiath

I just rang them and the guy said my speeds are 'not cool', he is going to look into it and get back to me

cullorblind

Mad Scientist
Staff member
Holy Shit! How the hell do you get speeds like that? Never in my lifetime will I experience internet like that.
The guy who actually did that one owns the ISP and has a 10gig fiber connection across town from his house. He also had to do a lot of tweaking in windows to even get it to go over 4.5 gigs. He's also well known for being one of the best network engineers around.

I need to get a 10gig card installed in our speedtest server sometime so I can take a stab at matching this one. =)

Leiath

The guy who actually did that one owns the ISP and has a 10gig fiber connection across town from his house. He also had to do a lot of tweaking in windows to even get it to go over 4.5 gigs. He's also well known for being one of the best network engineers around.

I need to get a 10gig card installed in our speedtest server sometime so I can take a stab at matching this one. =)
10gig! I do not think my great great great great great etc grandkids would ever see that speed in australia.

SpiffiestJester

Salty Canadian
Staff member

So, the takeaway on this is own your own ISP. Gotcha. Can hd's even take data at those speeds?