The Coliseum

Thread starter #1
I'm not sure if we have a arena yet, maybe there is and I missed it. So I've decided to build one. It'll be pretty huge so, it may take abit 5o finish it.
It is my hope that we can use it for pvp battles and maybe more.
That is all.

Thread starter #3
Ok so, I've been pretty busy as of late and this build has almost already drained most of my needed blocks So I'm here to see if anyone would like to help me with this build. If so just contact me here or through discord and illI set u up with the schematica file and coords. I don't want to leave it half completed while I get my life in order .It may be a little while.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
you can make ingame pictures with F2. then you can click on the link you get in chat to open it.

I am missing something in that arena.... I cant put my finger on it ;-P REDSTONE!!! ^^
but chat blocks are you short on? stone I presume o_O.

Vlynder

Happy to help, and already familiar with Schematica. I am also able to run Discord, most of the time. Send me some stuff!
Or maybe just cords and we'll go build.

Thread starter #8
Ya, never imagined it would be possible to use all my stone lol. I'll look for ya both in discord and send the file over.

Vlynder

I got the schematic from above, and placing it at 2426, 114, 4325 it overlaps perfectly with what you have so far. It looks like your plan is to build from the ground level up and skip the catacombs? I guess I also need to know if you're really planning to use obsidian in the checker box pattern. It's 8000+ blocks. Lemme know: I started building today at the top, got a buncha DCs placed..

Last edited:
Thread starter #10
That is a huge load of obby, I was thinking of a different block but im just not sure yet. And i did want to cut out the catacombs, it seems like too much.

Thread starter #11
I got the schematic from above, and placing it at 2426, 114, 4325 it overlaps perfectly with what you have so far. It looks like your plan is to build from the ground level up and skip the catacombs? I guess I also need to know if you're really planning to use obsidian in the checker box pattern. It's 8000+ blocks. Lemme know: I started building today at the top, got a buncha DCs placed..
Thanks for the help btw, I realized it was more than I bargained for

Vlynder

Made a good bit of progress today. Lots of people donated and I pretty much bought all the stone/cobble I could find. As you'll be able to tell, we'll still need lots more.

Vlynder

Hm. The stone economy has changed. The price has increased 1000% from $.01 per block to $.10 per block. At this rate, I am no longer able to afford buying blocks.
And I am thinking we make the checkered pattern on the bottom layer out of concrete or concrete powder, so we can pick any two colors you like. This means we'd have to break out the Obsidian that was placed, though...

Thread starter #14
I can get the needed stone when I get some time. I just use my silk pick and Beacon. As far as the obby goes, I agree. Id like to use black concrete. Their are Almost always squid in the waters underneath .
I've been so busy with irl that I havent had the time to get online

Vlynder

Yesterday, Joko and Athena offered up 50 DC's(!!!) of stone for the build. This will do it. I gracefully accepted 25DC's and happily started placing. On the inside, I actually finished 1/4 of all the stands and it looks impressive. Now, we just have to worry about supplies for the alternating pattern on the bottom layer. I suggest we use stone there, not cobble as it will look better and we have it.

Vlynder

Other than a bunch stray blocks that can be filled by walking around the entire thing, the only thing left is the main floor. I am working on breaking what's there so we can do black and white concrete. I think 2x2 b&w mosaic is what would look best in an area that large. Probably also needs a retaining wall at the edge since this isn't built on the ground.

Thread starter #18
Other than a bunch stray blocks that can be filled by walking around the entire thing, the only thing left is the main floor. I am working on breaking what's there so we can do black and white concrete. I think 2x2 b&w mosaic is what would look best in an area that large. Probably also needs a retaining wall at the edge since this isn't built on the ground.
I should be able to get on in the morning for a couple hours to help out. I still have to reforge my sword i lost to gather the ink needed for the concrete. Awesome work btw Vlynder!

Vlynder

Dan, I was planning on returning and help finish the floor, then noticed you are using concrete powder, not concrete. So much for my 10 stacks huh. Do you plan to run water over it to turn it to concrete, or do you prefer the look of the powder?