What am I forgetting? (New computer transfer)

Thread starter #1

Brenduh

What am I forgetting to back up on my old computer to put on my new computer? I have documents, pictures, music, videos, books, game saves, (booksmarks and passwords are in the cloud), email accounts...

I know I have to be forgetting something. Any ideas?

Immaridel

Permenantly Retired
Staff member
Depends on what you have :p I usually have ROMs, HD Images, .iso files, game installs (that were downloaded/installed outside of a management platform, like legacy titles), config files, virtual machines, and such to move over.

Sounds like you have the bulk of it, though.

Thread starter #3

Brenduh

Ooh you reminded me of origin games, thanks! I forgot those. Steam games are on an external hard drive.

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
Also: Minecraft is in the hidden part of your C disk (C > Users > (your pc name) > Appdata > Roaming > .Minecraft (there are also your Singleplayer maps saved)

Tijgerbos

Lives for the arena
no problem^^ you know how to reach it? for it is hidden and you have to activate a setting or use the adressbar to go directly to the folder.

BTW: Desktop?? did you transfer the desktop files over? they could also be in your document's, but just to be sure^^

Beside that I couldnt and still cant think of anything else (even after the couple glasses of Alcohol I had just now with family;-P)